The Directional Gyro is a gyroscopic navigation instrument designed to provide the pilot with a constant directional reference that is not subject to characteristics of a magnetic compass that cause errors. The vacuum type is operated by the air flow generated by the aircraft’s vacuum system while the electrical type is operated by the aircraft’s power supply.
ELECTRICAL DIRECTIONAL GYRO: Falcon Gauge electrical directional gyro is a revolutionary new design. It features:
- Convenient heading indicator
- Gyro automatically corrects and resets. It does not need the pilot to push to reset every 10 minutes
- External and internal anti-vibration systems
- Warning flag to inform you when the unit becomes underpowered
- New lighting concept allow softer light and more even distribution, reducing strain on pilot’s eyes and increasing visibility– LED system with automatic dimming
- Innovative design concepts result in ultra-smooth rotors, extreme noise reduction, unparalleled accuracy, extended life, and remarkable durability and reliability
The most unique and full featured directional gyro for sport aircraft available, the new Falcon Gauge directional gyro is truly a great leap forward in instrument design.
VACUUM DIRECTIONAL GYRO: The vacuum type is operated by the air flow generated by the aircraft vacuum system while electrical type is operated by aircraft power supply. Low power warning feature on Electrical directional gyro.
Dimensions: 3-3/8″ x 5-5/16″/134.95mm Weight: 2.25lb/984g.